Woolston Community High School’s work with a range of partners across the world including Spain & South Africa has been recognised by the granting of International School Award Status. The award is presented by the Department for Children, Schools & Families and the British Council. The award recognises the work of staff and pupils. Particular thanks goes to Mrs Yarwood and Ms Edden, who coordinated the bid.
To receive the international schools award we had to demonstrate how had achieved the following:
- An international ethos embedded throughout the school
- A majority of pupils within the school impacted by and involved in international work
- Collaborative curriculum-based work with a number of partner schools
- Curriculum-based work across a range of subjects
- Year round international activity
- Involvement of partner schools and the wider community in the UK